RE: Measuring Current Output of MOT's?

Original poster: "Steve Conner" <steve.conner-at-optosci-dot-com>

 >My initial conclusion is that I'm either going about this all
 >wrong, or that most MOT's are capable of currents much higher
 >than 300mA, at least for short periods of time.

I think you're right about them being able to deliver much higher currents.
I did a characterization on a MOT once, to get series resistance and leakage
inductance. (I didn't bother with magnetizing inductance as it's so
non-linear) From those experiments, it appeared that it could deliver a lot
more than 300mA short circuit current.

Steve C.