Did i kill my variac?

Original poster: Beans45601-at-aol-dot-com

Hi there, I just got my 4th (and last... maybe) coil done, and I got it all
running. But, it turns out, I needed my top load to be higher, and I got a
couple of primary hits (This is a PT coil). After the primary hits, the
breaker popped, and I fixed that, raised the top load more, and turned on
the coil, but, my variac said it was at 0%, but it was actually running at
the full power. Did I just fry my variac? its a 30amp variac, and it seems
to me like it would take more than a couple of primary hits to kill one of
these. I didn't have any sort of high voltage protection (safety gaps...
ect...). I can't see anything wrong with it, do you think I fried it?