The UK Teslathon at Derby

Original poster: Finn Hammer <f-h-at-c.dk>

Martin Dale has asked me to forward this to the list:

Hi Everyone,
The UK Teslathon at Derby is now just 18 days away!
Please let me know if you wish to come along.
I can be contacted on Nottingham (0115) 9626018 or mobile 0781 7313363 or

All those over 16 (or 14 if accompanied by an adult) and who appreciate the
dangers of high voltages are welcome.
Registration is required to attend this non-public event, so please
indicate by email to this address at least one week before if you would
like to attend.

Location is as per the 2002 UK Teslathon. See what happened there then at
http://www.tcbouk-dot-org.uk/derby2002/derby2002.html or
http://www.richieburnett.co.uk/derby.html

The hall is at the Carlton Rd United Reform Church, Carlton Rd. Derby
http://www.dadars-dot-org.uk/ has details of the radio club that's hosting the
event.
There is a map on their site showing where the hall is.
The entry fee is £3 to cover the hire costs.

The Teslathon programme is as follows;
FRIDAY 28TH,
2 pm onwards, prepare hall (some blackout for the windows plus install an
earth line and temporary high current feed)
Early set-up of large coils and possibly some preliminary test runs.
7 pm, pack up for the night.
7:30 pm (or as agreed) meet up for beers and food in Derby.
SATURDAY 29TH,
9 am - Hall opens for those bringing and setting up coils.
10:30 am - Hall opens for visitors and guests.
11 am - Demonstrations begin ('Show and tell' for those willing :-)
12:30 pm - Lunch (Directions can be given to the local chip-shops,
take-aways and pubs lunches!)
1:30 pm - More demonstrations.
3 pm - group photograph (lets make sure we all get on it this year!)
3:05 pm - Final demos and closing remarks
5 pm - Pack away for the next Teslathon.

Tea and Coffee will be available during the day thanks to the Derby and
district amateur radio club (DADARS), who have kindly made this venue
available to us.

Don't forget there are 2 halls.
If the small hall isn't used for Tesla coils etc, we can use it for
refreshments and a 'bring and buy' or quiet meeting area.

Those who have already said they are coming are;
Adam Horden (F)
Dave Berry
Richie Burnett (F?)
Dave Reeve
Phil Parry (F)
James Pawson
Steve Connor (F)
Derek Woodroffe
Colin Heath (F)
Dasa Pajovic
Finn Hammer
Stuart Craigen
(F)= Present sometime on the Friday as well.

I'm waiting for some more confirmations, so hopefully this list will grow
in the next 2 weeks.
I know there will be some big coils coming, so this promises to be a good show.

Please bring along your digital cameras and camcorders, so we can get a
good record of the days events.
Let me know if you have any comments/recommendations about the Teslathon
format.

I look forward to seeing you all in a few weeks time.

Regards, Martin Dale, G6ABU