SSTC madness has spread...

Original poster: "David Trimmell" <humanb-at-chaoticuniverse-dot-com>

Folks, this SSTC stuff is getting pretty interesting! I have found just how
simple it is to get in and wet your paws. Steve Ward has a incredibly simple
circuit (well documented, by the way) on his site:
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/srward16/MiniSSTC/miniSSTCsch3.JPG
  I am using this
without the interrupter timer as I blew all my drivers with that coveted
"enable" pin ;-(  (Good learning experience, though...) But I am getting
decent results for a serious "lash-up" (I think I'm famous for those...) I
need to find a relatively inexpensive source for those UCC37321&2's or
something equivalent?
I have some mediocre pictures on my site where I was using a ti4422 and a
UCC37321 driver to drive a half-bridge of 30 amp 600 V IGBTs (SOT-227 with a
P-4 heat-sink barely got warm after several hours testing). I did have to
touch the "antenna" to get the guy started but ended up with 3-4 inch CW
flames at 285KHz (the picts are very short exposures with a low count CCD
dig cam. Current pull was 4-5 amps at 120V AC into the filter.
See:
http://192.168.0.3/webdoc2.htg/SSTC/Pictures/Self_res_proto1/
An interrupter should give me some decent sparks, waitin' for more IC's!
Regards,
David Trimmell