From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Sunday, May 09, 2004 7:13 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: SSTC hits 66"

Original poster: "Eastern Voltage Research Corporation"
<dhmccauley-at-easternvoltageresearch-dot-com>

I just finished my new PSSTC (Pulsed SSTC) and have hit 66" so far with
minimal tuning and pretty shoddy primary tank wires (12 AWG).

Specifications from these photos:
DC Bus Voltage:  335VDC
Primary Capacitor:  0.11uF, 12kV MMC
Fres:  111 kHz
Pulsewidth:  250us
PRF:  100 Hz

The whole webpage describing my coil can be seen here:
http://www.easternvoltageresearch-dot-com/sstccoil05.htm

Arc photo prior to my full-bridge blowing up.  (See secondary to primary
arc
which initiated failure)
Distance from toroid to right wall is approximately 70 inches.
http://www.easternvoltageresearch-dot-com/images/isstc_arcs_bwtitle.jpg

Full size arc photo of BW above (color)
http://www.easternvoltageresearch-dot-com/images/isstc_arcs_fullsize01.jpg

55 inch POWER STRIKE to ceiling