Re: SSTC hits 66"

Original poster: Chris Roberts <quezacotl_14000000000000-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Now, THAT's impressive. I don't know much at all about SSTCs, but I at
least know from that photo that you did something right! =D Keep up the
great work!

Original poster: "Eastern Voltage Research Corporation"
I just finished my new PSSTC (Pulsed SSTC) and have hit 66" so far with
minimal tuning and pretty shoddy primary tank wires (12 AWG).
Specifications from these photos:
DC Bus Voltage: 335VDC
Primary Capacitor: 0.11uF, 12kV MMC
Fres: 111 kHz
Pulsewidth: 250us
PRF: 100 Hz

The whole webpage describing my coil can be seen here:
http://www.easternvoltageresearch-dot-com/sstccoil05.htm

Arc photo prior to my full-bridge blowing up. (See secondary to primary arc
which initiated failure)
Distance from toroid to right wall is approximately 70 inches.
http://www.easternvoltageresearch-dot-com/images/isstc_arcs_bwtitle.jpg

Full size arc photo of BW above (color)
http://www.easternvoltageresearch-dot-com/images/isstc_arcs_fullsize01.jpg

55 inch POWER STRIKE to ceiling