RE: just wondering (Schumann resonance)

Original poster: "David Thomson" <dwt-at-volantis-dot-org>

Hi Steve,

 > Now, if my "standing wave" analogy is correct, I would imagine the
 > propagation path for the wave that forms the Schumann resonance is pretty
 > lossy.

You can find a great page on measuring ELF/ULF waves, and the Schumann
Resonance at
http://www.iihr.uiowa.edu/projects/schumann/Index.html

They are not as lossy as you would think (at such low frequencies), and the
waves are more mechanical than they are electromagnetic.  A single lightning
strike could send a wave around the Earth several times before it is
attenuated.  Tesla created lightning bolts rivaling nature while at Colorado
Springs.  In his Wardencliffe system he found a way to keep the lightning
bolt entirely contained within the system such that he had absolute control
over the timing of its pulse.

To me, this is what Tesla coiling is all about.  Long streamers make great
shows for the uninitiated.  But finding a way to control this awesome power
and put it to work is far more exciting for me.

Think of a Tesla coil designed to through the energy into the ground, rather
than into the air.  Then create your own "ground" by building a huge sphere,
say 24ft in diameter.  Put a properly designed Tesla coil on it such that it
sends standing waves over the 24ft sphere.  Not only would  we be able to
test Tesla's theory, but we could learn another way for tapping electricity.
We might even learn something new about subatomic physics.

What kind of electromechanical action would we witness if we say standing
waves on a 24ft sphere?  I think we would see jets of glowing electrons,
equally spaced, shooting off into space similar to this photo I took...
http://www.tesla-coil-builder-dot-com/images/chiron032302a.jpg

If such standing waves were caused on the Earth, such as Tesla was trying to
do, I think he would have inadvertently changed the weather patterns and
climate.  If standing waves cause jets of electrons to shoot further away
from the sphere, then in the case of the Earth these jets would be closer to
the Ionosphere and cause increased lightning discharges in these areas.
Changing the electrostatic condition of the atmosphere most likely would
cause changes in weather patterns.

Setup three Tesla coils on your sphere, change the amplitude or pulse
timing slightly, and the nodes should shift to various locations.  Using the
24ft sphere, it is conceivable to make the standing waves focus to a single
point, causing a giant spike.  This giant spike might be put to good use in
a physics process.  It would be a huge, negatively charged, electrostatic
potential with a vector.  If the electrostatic charge were pointing toward
the Earth, it might be strong enough to repel the sphere away from the
Earth, thus providing a source of propulsion.  It could be a method of
navigating satellites in space while consuming a minimum amount of fuel.

Dave