RE: gmheicslr --- uh oh...once again!

Original poster: "Steven Ward" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

I actually did achieve over 13" sparks from a HEIC, but it was not the
spec'd one, so i will not try and claim anything on that, other than i
think its possible to get more ;-).

Anyway, about solid state stuff, check this out:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/srward16/HVpulser.htm

So far my best spark is 5" from a normal "can" type coil with the core
still in it ;)  The charging voltage was 1200V on that shot.  The sidacs
are used as a solid state spark gap.  On the 5" spark i had 5 series 240V
1Arms 20Apk sidacs.  The coil then broke down on the plastic insulator on
the top of the coil.  I also got 7" between 2 coils easily.  This is a
minimal effort project that i put together in literally a few
minutes.  When i happen across a REAL HE coil, i will remove the core and
start over using sidacs this time ;).  Until then, im still playing with
IGBTs and real TCs ;)

Steve