Re: What is going on here?

Original poster: "Eastern Voltage Research Corporation" <dhmccauley-at-easternvoltageresearch-dot-com>

Kreso,

First off, due to your limited experience (i think before you said this was
your first coil?) you should keep your
input power levels to less than 1kW.  5kW is much to high especially if this
if your first coil.

Also, the information you provided doesn't say too much other than you may
have too little primary turns.
I can look at your system specifications, but you need to provide them all.
For example, for secondary
you should be giving:

SECONDARY:
Number of turns
Size of Wire
Winding Length (height of secondary coil which has wire on it)
Diameter of Secondary

PRIMARY:
Number of turns
Conductor Diameter
Type of Primary Coil
Inner Primary Diameter
Conductor-to-Conductor spacing
Outer Primary Diameter

SPARK GAP:
Type gap
Spacing

TOROID:
Dimensions

POWER SUPPLY:
Output Voltage
Maximum Output Current

etc...

Dan

 > 4 inch secondary, 1000 turns of 0.5 mm wire
 > Topload - lots o toploads tested
 > PSU PT-s in voltages 10 kv, 15 kv and 20 kv
 > Input power from 250 VA all to probably 5 000 VA
 > Capacitor - 20 nf SWC
 > Priamry - 7 turns - 6 mm copper tubbing

That