FBSSTC-NEED HELP

Original poster: Fucian-at-aol-dot-com

Hey everyone...Im having some BAD trouble with a SIMPLE circuit...I really
believe that GOD is keeping it from working for SOME reason...
Here goes the story:
I built the micro sstc by steve ward...Its the 4420 based circuit...I built
and rebuilt it and then bought a new breadboard and made it look
GREAT!Formed all my wires all nice and...Before i added the 12volt regultor
to the board, i wanted to test the circuit...I used a 12 volt
battery...Since i dont have an o-scope i used my DMM with its frequency and
voltage...I tested for frequency out of the 4420(i have a 555 to start the
coil)...I got 500khtz out and 12 volts out...I was happy...Did a lil
dance...Nothing blew up or got warm...I then added a 12 volt regulator and
TESTED it to make sure it was working...It worked and i wired it into the
circuit...I tested it....AND TESTED IT!AND UGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.....no frequcny
at all! My dmm DID say 60 htz...But it always seems to say that when i get
close to a xmfr...I got 0 volts out of the 4420 so i moved down to the 555
and got 12 volts out and no frequency( stupid 60 htz BS)...I was
stupified...I yannked both ICs out and replaced them after testing each
part...Everything was fine...This time i got nothing AT ALL out of either
IC...These were brand new ICs from MAXIM(samples)...Again, nothing warm, no
explotions...I then found anoyher 555 from Onsemi i had left over and put
it in...Got 10khtz and then nothing...

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?TELL me its not GOD!SO i BEG you guys to help as i
have spent so much time( all night till 6am) and LOTSA money buying
stuff...I even got so happy and made a halfbridge..-dot-complete with IRFP460s
and bought a new variac cuz i was so DANG excited...

Can i just BUY this from someone?I just need the driver! PLEASEEEEEEE!!!Im
going mad!I JUST NEED THE DRIVER!!!!I will pay cash for it!PLEASE help me!I
really need help as im going to can this thing and forget tesla coils and
my electrical engineering degree and all...Ive done EVERYTHING ive been
taught to do!WHAT is wrong!?If i cant get THIS to work, im no good as an
engineer?I guess i should just switch majors to psychology and put myself
in a mental home!LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

PLEASE forgive my insanity..Its lait and i have a math test in the
AM...geeze...Thanks to ANYONE who will help!

Matt