Re: Tesla Coils & MS EXCEL

Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

"For coilers who dislike to do the math required of Tesla coils the MS
Excel
program is one of the best design instruments to use. It is also a great
way
to use as a circuit simulation program. Just about any type TC program
can
be simulated with Excel. The main problem is to be able to set up the
equations in the spreadsheet before you can proceed. You can then solve
almost any TC algebraic, calculus, or differential equation problems you
are
interested in researching with no math. Note that simulations can also
be
duplicated with graphs. The following is for the TC input parameters.
The
tuning and output parameters are another story."

	For those of you who are at all mathematically (arithmetically)
inclined Excel is an excellent program (no pun intended) which can do
all sorts of things including plotting beautiful graphs.  I recommend it
to all parties and use it every day in my work.  Worth spending some
time learning and you'll find continuing uses as times goes by.  You set
up a problem and its solution once and then can keep plugging in
different inputs, very useful for paper "cut and try".  Using the
goal-seeking functions let you use the computer for "cutting and
trying", once you learn to use it.

Ed