Re: Centertaped PT

Original poster: Esondrmn-at-AOL-dot-com

In a message dated 3/17/04 8:28:51 PM Pacific Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> > Original poster: Kreso Bukvic <kreso.bukvic-at-kc.htnet.hr>
> >
> > So i was looking this PT i got at the factory ! And want to make some
> > sparks! But it is a cennter tapped PT not baad, but centertap is also
> > potted, no way to connect to it! Is this sitl a good TC PSU? Links? This
> > will be a first coil with a pt that i will make!
> >
> > Best Regards
> >
> > Kreso Bukvic

Kreso,

With no power applied to the unit, measure from the high voltage bushings
to the case to see if the center tap is connected to the case.  If so, use
it just like we do the neon sign transformers and connect the case to the
bottom of the secondary and main RF ground.

Ed Sonderman