RE: THOR: First observations on streamer formation (try II)

Original poster: "John H. Couture" <couturejh-at-mgte-dot-com>

Malcolm -

There is no confusion here regarding the 400 KV. If we say that streamers in
air are 4.35 times the length of continuous equal length sparks (controlled
sparks) your 5 ft streamers give 400 KV. As I said streamers could be over
twice the length of continuous equal length sparks. The secondary KV for
your streamers would be
60/4.35 = 13.8 inches of controlled sparks.

    Secondary KV = 65 x (inches)^0.7 = 65 x (13.8)^.7 = 408 KV

Works out OK if you accept the 4.35 which appears too high. There would be
confusion if your streamers were shorter than the controlled sparks! Your
single shot 11 inch spark is not involved with this secondary KV equation
which is for controlled sparks.

John Couture