Re: Pig setup help.

Original poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t-at-yahoo-dot-com>

I have lotsa powerstats, so I can go either way. Using
ganged 120 volt powerstats, one can safely ramp up to
120 volts on each leg (for 240 volts). Using 240 volt
(or higher) powerstats puts one low voltage bushing at
-120 volt, while the other goes from -120 to 0 to +120
volts (for 240 volts). I don't think this is a
problem, and is a good reason not to use the neutral
bushing, but thought I'd mention it. When I used
ganged 120 volt powerstats, I felt safer working
around my pig, knowing there was little or no AC
applied, even if my motor starter failed to disengage.
Using 240 volt powerstats makes me more cautious in
ensuring my starter is disengaged.

Adam