Re: THOR: First observations on streamer formation (try II)

Original poster: "Peter Terren" <pterren1-at-iinet-dot-net.au>

For my coil with 96 inch sparks by your formula
     Sec voltage     = 65 x 96 ^ 0.7
                            = 65 x 24
                           =  1586 volts
This makes my TC a stepdown transformer! (The actual figure from inductance
or capacitance ratios should be 500,000 V)
I agree the formula needs to be updated. (I assume there was typo).
For my coil which runs at a high 1400BPS it should be:
     Sec Voltage    =  20000 x inches^0.7

Peter (Tesla Downunder)
http://tesladownunder.iinet-dot-net.au