Re: Oscilloscope help - not directly related but slighty offtopic

Original poster: humanb-at-chaoticuniverse-dot-com

Hi, I think what Kreso means is the "gray market". The
Black Market usually refers to stolen or other
"illegal" goods (as drugs and weapons). The Gray Market
generally refers to the sale of goods eluding the vary
high taxes many countries have, like the VAT, etc. Like
being sold on the street, and no tax is paid to the
government, often "quasi- legal". I think, at least...

Sounds like a good scope to me, I wish I had one like
it ;-)

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 11:37:43 -0700, "Tesla list" wrote:

 > Original poster: Terry Fritz
 > <teslalist-at-twfpowerelectronics-dot-com>
 >
 > Hi Kreso,
 >
 > At 09:23 AM 3/12/2004, you wrote:
 > >It is not stolen or mistake ! The guy can get hundred
 > of oscilloscopes if
 > >needed!!! It is "BLACK MARKET"
 >
 > Here in the USA I don't think we understand what
"black
 > markets" are?  Can
 > you explain.
 >
 > We have flea markets, wholesale clearances, garage
 > sales, direct
 > distributors...  At least "I" don't understand what a
 > black market
 > does...  Maybe like our grey market for watches and
 > cameras...
 >
 > >so is it worthy or not, good for sstc or not?
 >
 > I think 200 euro is about $240 which seems like a very
 > good price for a new
 > scope of any type.  Probes are probably about 20 euro
 > and up if the scope
 > does not come with them.
 >
 > This scope will do just about anything any analog
scope
 > could do.  If you
 > paid 2000 euro, it would not be any more useful than
 > this Gould scope for
 > coiling work.
 >
 > Digital scopes can freeze the signal and make all
kinds

wrote:
 > > >  > Original poster: Kreso Bukvic
 > <kreso.bukvic-at-kc.htnet.hr>
 > > >  >
 > > >  > Thing is brand new but it does not come with a
 > probe. So is it worth of
 > > >  > that money?
 > > >
 > > > If somebody is willing to sell you this 'scope new
 > for 200 Euro, it would
 > >seem
 > > > to be either stolen or a mistake.  Check prices on
 > the web-  it seems to
 > >go
msnip...