impedance matched?

Original poster: "Laurence Davis" <meknar-at-hotmail-dot-com>

I'm still toying with the idea of a physical model
much like a tuning fork, but that models the tesla
coil resonance amplification.

Does the primary tank impedance match the secondary when tuned ?

There is a mechanical analog to impedance and it wouldn't be too much of a
stretch
to reach reactance.

disimilar materials could be used to "delay" wavefronts to create a
capacitor/inductor model.
I am scrambling to create an analogy for an inductor, such that it delays
the current waveform
by ninety degrees.

voltage (read push) as amplitude, current i analogize as energy potential
stored within resonant
material. (easier to think of as frequency)

its rather difficult to create an analogy that fits on all counts.

my reasoning for the physical model is to create an easier to visualize
model of how the tesla
coil resonates.  seeing is believing, so to speak.

larry.

_