Re: CD 942 failure - Found it!!

Original poster: "John Richardson" <jprich-at-up-dot-net>

Hi Terry,

I'd happily take you up on that offer, but I'm going to place an order for
my panel meters, including an ammeter for the NST, with All-Electronics in a
day or so.  Hopefully by sometime next week, I will be able to give out some
hard numbers.  I need to resolve some stray streamer issues in the basement
before I continue with finding this problem.  I will say that I think we are
getting closer.  After replacing the last cap and adding extra top
capacitance  (re-tuning also), things aren't quite as warm, no safety
firings at all after some minor fiddling with the gap distances, and the
streamers are getting longer than I am comfortable with in limited quarters.
I will let you know when everything is a go again, and thanks for your
continued help.

John Richardson