RE: Winding primary

Original poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t-at-yahoo-dot-com>

You can also use the water pipe analogy here. Most
houses have either a 5/8" or a 3/4" service line
running from the meter to the house. Not a problem if
your house is fairly close to the street. If, however,
your house is several thousand feet away, you will
need to upsize this pipe or you will experience a real
problem getting enough water for a shower, due to
friction loss. A short run of small pipe is OK, but to
go long distances you need to increase the pipe
diameter to get the same volume out.

Adam