Re: Another 942 run

Original poster: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 3/8/04 11:02:46 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>.  I think that I will set the
>RSG a little tighter than the NST gap, because if the RSG gap doesn't fire,
>the NST gap will, popping the 20 amp breaker!

John,

I'm not sure what you're saying.  The RSG gap electrodes should
run quite close at about 0.10" spacing or less usually.  This spacing
should be much closer than the safety gap spacing.   A too-wide
spacing can make the coil run unsteady.  Of course they can't be
set so tight that the electrodes strike each other and break.  But you
can try various spacings and see if it gets steadier at a closer
spacings.  Some coils can tolerate a somewhat wide RSG gap
spacing, but many cannot.  Wide spacings may also cause
the safety gaps to fire.  Safety gaps should never fire when
using an SRSG when it's running correctly.

John