Re: Fritz vs TCBOR -- initial results in...

Original poster: Brett Miller <brmtesla2-at-yahoo-dot-com>

 > Original poster: Terry Fritz
 > <teslalist-at-twfpowerelectronics-dot-com>
 >
 > Hi,
 >
 > At 08:53 PM 3/4/2004, you wrote:
 > >
 > >The idea of trying 20+ pipes on a static gap was
 > not
 > >mine but one of Mr. Terry Fritz.  I would very much
 > >like it if he would comment on something I'm quite
 > >sure he said a year or two ago on the list
 > regarding
 > >achieving a 1st notch quench in one of his systems
 > >using the same gap I used in these tests.
 > >
 > >I would like to know what measurement techniques
 > were
 > >used to determine information regarding quenching.
 > >Wire antenna and scope?  Plane wave ant?  Project
 > >Color?
 >
 > I just used a wire antenna.  They all pick up
 > quenching, so I just used the
 > fast simple method.
 >
 > All interesting stuff you are doing!  The reasons
 > some gaps do better than
 > others on some systems sometimes is not well
 > understood...
 >
 > Cheers,
 >
 >          Terry

Terry,

Thanks.  Yeah, I really just set out to demonstrate a
difference in quenching and max spark length between
two static gaps in my 6" system only........the scope
quenching data being the more useful of the two,
depending on what you're after.

I think a few guys assumed I was trying to derive data
applicable to a model we could use to design better TC
systems in the future.  I'm not really appropriately
equipped to do such a thing at the moment.
Personally, I am of the opinion that it would take
multiple identical systems or a vast computer
simulation on a Beowulf cluster (Paul) to achieve
anything that could be used to derive a model.

-Brett

_