Re: Immersing electronics in 10W-30?

Original poster: David Sharpe <sccr4us-at-erols-dot-com>

Hi Eric

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Hydrogen18" <hydrogen18-at-hydrogen18-dot-com>
 >
 > With my voltage multiplier now operating at 5000 VAC input I am faced with
 > a problem of corona. Can I simply immerse the electronics in 10W-30(unused)
 > to solve the problem? It shouldnt degrade the plastic of the caps or the
 > plexy glass it is mounted on should it?
 >
 > ---Eric

My high voltage divider is oil immersed in mineral oil.  You can get at Wall's
World
(Wal-Mart) under the house brand very inexpensively.  If you need more then say

1/2 gallon, available from Vetenarian Supplies as a laxative for larger
criters...

Also using UHMW PE enclosure with lexan top cover '0' ring mounted with 20+
nylons screws.  Only a very slight seepage, no major leaks.

Regards
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR/HEAS
Chesterfield, VA. USA