From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2004 4:54 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: RE: GE Capacitor 42L2121

Original poster: Ethel Poulos <pulse.systems-at-verizon-dot-net>

Re: GE Capacitor Part Number 42L2121 1.2uf 1200 vdc.

These GE capacitors are really getting hot.  They replaced an SCR
commutation capacitor rated at 15uf 1200v.
the SCR capacitor was polypropolene and aluminum foil.  the GE capacitor is
metalized polypropolene.

Is there any one that makes a polypropolyne and aluminun capacitor for
snubber high current applications.
This capacitor is used in a solid state hard tube modulator.

I will appreciate any information or expertise you can give me.

Many Thanks,

John

-