Re: Fritz vs TCBOR -- initial results in...

Original poster: Brett Miller <brmtesla2-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Malcolm,

 > I have tried multiple gaps in the past and not found
 > the construction
 > effort to be worth it. Howver, comparing copper
 > pipes with a much
 > higher temperature material like tungsten carbide is
 > also in apples
 > and oranges territory. I haven't gone to quite the
 > extreme of 20-odd
 > gaps I must admit. I will revisit that in the
 > future.
 >
 > Thanks for doing the tests.
 >
 > Malcolm

The idea of trying 20+ pipes on a static gap was not
mine but one of Mr. Terry Fritz.  I would very much
like it if he would comment on something I'm quite
sure he said a year or two ago on the list regarding
achieving a 1st notch quench in one of his systems
using the same gap I used in these tests.

I would like to know what measurement techniques were
used to determine information regarding quenching.
Wire antenna and scope?  Plane wave ant?  Project
Color?

Thanks, Malcolm, for applying a decent amount of
skeptical scrutiny to my attempt at comparing those
two gaps.  I would have spent more time preparing the
testing conditions and written a nice paper to back
this stuff had I known there would have been more
interest.  Next time I will be on my toes.

-Brett