From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2004 9:47 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: RE: Terry Gap vs. TCBOR...

Original poster: Brett Miller <brmtesla2-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Luke,

  > Original poster: "Luke" <Bluu-at-cox-dot-net>
  >
  > Brett:
  > Glad you are doing this.  Can't wait to see the
  > write up you do.
  > How are you measuring the arcs or output for the
  > comparison?

Point to point to a grounded target, and eyeball
estimation of free space (non ground connected)
streamers...the same way coilers have been measuring
output since the beginning.

I will also be using my scope to see at what "notch"
quenching occurs for each gap.

  > After I get my coil up and running I just might want
  > to learn some of
  > this testing stuff and tinker a bit.

There are other people on this list (the guys I
mentioned a few days ago and more) who you would do
better to ask.  I am a beginner in that regard.  Plus,
it sounds like you haven't taken my advice and read
Richie Burnett's page regarding TC operation and his
"Real Scope Waveforms Page".  If you haven't read that
yet and are still asking *me* about testing you're
crazy.  I'm not trying to be mean, here...I just
really think his page is the best material available
for the beginner regarding TC theory on the entire
web.  It has verbose descriptions, excellent
animations, photos and visual aids, plus the equations
and math when you are ready for that...and I know you
are from some of your other posts.

-Brett

PS:  I have started measuring the gap spacing and will
have a text file and pictures posted in a few days.  I
couldn't do anything today because of other
engagements...stay tuned.