Re: Pole Pigs from power company?

Original poster: dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com

Good luck getting a pole transformer from a local utility company.  Its
almost impossible to do that nowadays due to liability issues.  Not to
mention that
a teenager is trying to get one from them.  The best bet to get a pole
transformer from the utility company is to get in cahoots with one of the
lineman and maybe, just
maybe you can arrange a trade or something.  T&R Electric is out of the
question for most now due to a recent liability incident.  Luckily for me, I
can still order through
them and have them delivered to my company.  I just picked up a small
14.4kV, 3kVA unit which I plan to use for my new magnifier coil.  I paid
$195.00 + $120.00 freight
for dock-to-dock shipping.