Re: Terry Gap vs. TCBOR...

Original poster: Brett Miller <brmtesla2-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Ed,

Not in my system.  I've been using a standard TCBOR
for 5 years in a 720VA tank circuit, and most of the
time I don't need a fan.  It gets somewhat warm after
30 seconds or so, but my runs seldom exceed that.  30
seconds to 1 minute is sufficient for any test or just
for having fun watching arcs.

I have fans, which I will use if there is reason to
run over a minute or so.  I have seldom had any need
to do so, other than just to see how far I could push
it until powerarcing occurs....also a very fun test to
do with static gaps.

To get scope waveforms you only need a couple
seconds...if you have a storage scope, it's
instantaneous.  I use a Tek 922R set on normal mode
with a SONY Handicam Digital8 camera.  Then I do back
later and do a frame grab of the cleanest trace.

-Brett