Re: SSTC theory

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmdq-at-uol-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Steve Conner" <steve.conner-at-optosci-dot-com>

 > It doesn't :) Antonio presumably used a sine wave generator set to the
 > resonant frequency in his sim. But the feedback drive systems that we use
 > just flip their own phase whenever the resonant system tries to flip over
 > and push energy back. So, an ISSTC could theoretically ring up to infinity
 > (eep)

Interesting consideration. But if the system is trying
to return energy to the driver, and the phase of the driver is inverted
to match the current, it will extract energy from the system faster.
A simulation shows that this indeed happens, with the secondary voltage
dropping twice faster. But at the same time the driver is pushing
more energy into the primary circuit, and at the next phase reversal
the output voltage is two times larger. The input current and output
voltage waveforms resemble beating waveforms, but two times larger
after each notch (lossless case).

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz