Re: some of the reason why energy and power definitions areconfusing

Original poster: "David Rieben" <drieben-at-midsouth.rr-dot-com>

David, all,

I think maybe you're speaking of the maximum strength output of the horse
for short duration, not basically non-stop work output for 8 to 10 hours at
a time. Even a stout man can put out a horse power of work, at least on a
"low duty cycle". A weight lifter who squat lifts 550 lbs
from a full sqat position to a fully erect position (appr 18"
of vertical movement , give or take) and completes the move within 1.5
seconds has just exerted 1 HP of work.
It would take a strong legged person to accomplish this
for sure, but it's certainly doable. For a person to be able  continue to
work out at this 1 HP rate non-stop for 8  hours,  well "that's a horse of
an entirely different color"
;^)) I think the same principle applies to your "22 HP
Belgian" or "7 to 8 HP Morgan." Now, to get the discussion back to "Tesla
coils", assuming Terry dosen't kill this post, too ;^)))............

David Rieben