Re: Full-Bridge -vs- Half-Bridge

Original poster: humanb-at-chaoticuniverse-dot-com

Thanks all for the replies. So there is indeed a great
advantage to using a full-bridge over a half-bridge. I
shall have to get off my butt and make one!

One more question: is there a simple way to make a
voltage doubler when using a full-bridge rectifier? All
the schematics I have seen use two diodes and two
rectifiers...

Thanks,

David Trimmell

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 08:00:20 -0600, "Tesla list" wrote:

 > Original poster: Terry Fritz
 > <teslalist-at-twfpowerelectronics-dot-com>
 >
 > Hi,
 >
 > In general, a full bridge will deliver twice the
 > voltage swing.  This also
 > produces twice the current to the load.  Thus the
power
 > goes up four times.
 >
 > Cheers,
 >
 >          Terry
 >

 > At 10:33 AM 6/24/2004, you wrote:
 > >I posted this last week but didn't get any answers,
so
 > >I'll try one last time ;-)
 > >
 > >On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 12:52:22 -0700 (PDT),
 > >humanb-at-chaoticuniverse-dot-com wrote:
 > >

 > > > Hi, can someone tell me just how much more power a
 > > > H-bridge can process over a Half-Bridge? It's not
 > just
 > > > 2X as much is it? It isn't that simple, is it?
Also,
 > > > what would be the best way to calculate the
optimum
 > > > Capacitance in the voltage divider for a
 > Half-Bridge?
 > > > Currently I am using two 1uF caps, but when
running