Re: Jim Mitchell SSTC help!

Original poster: Sean Taylor <sstaylor-at-uiuc.edu>

>You cant use half-wave power with this baord dude. It will just turn
>off.As will ANY design that relies on a feedback antenna to work!

Matt,
I don't see why you say you can't do that.  The purpose of the 555 on the
board is to start oscillations any time the power at the bridge goes too
low to give feedback via the antenna.  Ones it starts recieving enough
feedback, it takes over and runs the coil at/near it's Fres.  Once you use
the 555 as an interruptor, however, you've lost that capability.  Perhaps
you should take a closer look at the board and its operation rather than
telling people that something won't work.

>And excuse me for not having cash to $!-at-# away on a digital camera!I live
>in the REAL world away from mommy and daddy.

Woah, no need for personal attacks here . . . though many of us live in the
"real" world, and do have digital cameras, they're a nice convenience.  I'm
not insulting you here, I just think the statement was a little harsh!

Sean Taylor
Urbana, IL