Re: SSTC does 10 foot sparks

Original poster: humanb-at-chaoticuniverse-dot-com

I really do not know why this is such a issue:
Power= work (or energy transfer) per unit time:
P = dW / dt
Energy= the theoretical maximum amount of work that can
be obtained from a system: the joule.

The coilers here, for the most part, are not concerned
with semantics, just how long the spark is -vs- when
the breaker trips ;-O But when Steve says he hasn't
triped the 20 amp breaker, that really doesn't mean
much. The breakers can see much greater than rated
current for short periods of time, and it doesn't
account for the resistance to the coil...

But John, I seem to remember a time when you didn't
want the "un-holy" subjects of VTTC's and SSTC's even
discused on this list ;-)

Regards,

David Trimmell

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 20:14:13 -0600, "Tesla list" wrote:

 > Original poster: "John Couture"
 > <johncouture-at-bellsouth-dot-net>
 > Don't feel bad. This power/energy battle has been
going