Re: PWM Controller question

Original poster: "Eastern Voltage Research Corporation" <dhmccauley-at-easternvoltageresearch-dot-com>

 >  > I think Dan's PlasmaSonic design is good, but I could see some
 >  > improvements in using (possibly) rail modulation. Real high power
plasma
 >  > audio modulation will be seriously cool! I have seen it while arcing
 >  > something "semi-grounded" to a AM radio station tower many years past
 >  > (don't ask!). My grid modulated VTTC has been the closest I have seen
 >  > yet, but quality was unreliable.

Absolutely.  This *is* the way to do it, although high-side modulation is
more involved and requires a lot more
equipment.

Sue Gaeta's high-side audio modulated VTTC was stunning and definitely out
performed the PlasmaSonic as far as audio quality goes.

Dan