Re: SSTC does 10 foot sparks

Original poster: "John Couture" <johncouture-at-bellsouth-dot-net>

Steve -

Thank you for trying to help coilers understand the difference between
energy and power.

Yips! You missed quoted what I said. I did not mean to covey the impression
that I though that power could be somehow made equal to energy. This again
shows how easy it is to confuse energy and power.

You said
"Note: The energy efficiency as described by John is the same as (average
power out/average power in"

I actually said
"Note that when using average power that you are adding time to the power
units which brings you into the energy unit solution."

  I definitely did not mean to convey that average power was energy.
Average power is a power unit. Energy is an energy unit.

Power and energy like apples and oranges are not equal or should they be
compared as equals.

Don't feel bad. This power/energy battle has been going on for a long time
on the List. The problem is still in much of todays literature. For example
I was just reading about power on the internet and it mentioned power
consumption. On the surface this sounds OK. However, power is like volts or
amps and to say these paremeters are consumed doesn't make sense. But energy
is a quantity of electricity and this can be consumed.

Also be careful with how you use PSpice and other simulators. Energy has to
do with efficiency. Efficiency with simulaors can be GIGO.

John Couture