Jim Mitchell SSTC help!

Original poster: Robynsaddiction-at-aol-dot-com

Has anyone had any luck with getting this board to operate? I have blown
six ucc37321 and ucc37322 chips, and had to replace a few max913's and
555's as well. When these things go it burns up my voltage regulators, and
now I don't even have pads left on the board to plug regulators into
because I have replaced them so many times. Everything seems to be hooked
up just fine. I have 15 volts at the gate drive chips. I have five volts at
the 555 chip, and get a square wave from it (with a bit of ringing). The
MAX913 spits out an even cleaner square wave. I am using type 77 gate drive
transformer material, and am seeing about 25 volts p-p on the output of the
GDT. I have double and triple checked my half-bridge. The GDT phasing is
correct. Oh yeah, my zener diodes heat up so badly they burn the heck out
of me if I touch them. For all I can tell the board is doing it's job until
the thing is hooked up to the half-bridge, but I know the half bridge is
just fine. Does the thing just not like seeing a load what? TO ANYONE
INTERESTED and ABLE!!! I will pay for shipping from here to there ( and pay
you for your time ) if you would test to see if things are all right with
the board, and if you could see if I am making some serious error. I will
replace everything once more before sending the thing out. I simply am
tired of messing with the thing, and very frusterated. I only ask that you
do not "lose" the package like Aron Kosko did when I last sent him one of
my boards for evaluation. That left me out one driver and one half-bridge
that, as he put it, "were working just fine". Anyhow, any help would be
much appreciated.

                                   Thanks, Richard Harris