Re: ISSTCs / OLTCs / SSTCs Achievements

Original poster: "Eastern Voltage Research Corporation" <dhmccauley-at-easternvoltageresearch-dot-com>

 > I think the real break trough is that Jimmy and Steve started using
 > resonating primary ... That's what makes DRSSTC and ISSTC different from
 > SSTC running in the interrupted mode.
 > Vladan

Yes, but even Jimmy and Steve weren't the first to start using a resonant
primary in the SSTC.
Jan Wagner pointed out some work by Mazilli Vladimiro that included:

A.  Resonant sized primary circuit (complete with MMC primary capacitor)
B.  Base-Current feedback for a self-resonant SSTC.

And that was back in 1997 or so.

Photo of self-resonant SSTC with resonant primary
http://www.pupman-dot-com/current/vladi2/mosfet2.html

Schematic
http://www.pupman-dot-com/current/vladi2/mosfet.pdf

I'm getting lots of responses from a lot of individuals regarding previous
SSTC work and it appears that a lot of stuff that is occurring now has
already been done, although it seems the big arcs are finally coming now.

And regarding OLTC work, it appears that Ken Herrick had a big push into the
type of SSTC which is what we call an OLTC back in 1995.
He is charging up a primary capacitor and then discharging it into his
primary coil similar to what an OLTC is doing.

Dan