Re: Variacs Wanted

Original poster: BunnyKiller <bunikllr-at-bellsouth-dot-net>

I had bought one and found that the interior parts are really not up to
snuff...    it uses some type of Bakelite form to hold the shaft assembly.
Very easy to break if dropped. Ask me how I know this....
The wiper is at best minimal for 20 A current draw....    The shaft/rotary
handle is meekly attached via a set screw...  the knob, once again
Bakelite, has no metal insert for the set screw... so if you tighten the
screw a tad bit too much,  crack....   loose knob...

my suggestion...   have a bit of patience and keep searching Ebay for a
"real" variac    Powerstat    GE   something with a metal frame and real
metal bushings.....

just my 2 cents worth...

Scot D