Re: living room lights don't work!!

Original poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t-at-yahoo-dot-com>

A neighbor, in previous subdivision, had a loose
connection from one outlet to the next. These were the
"new and improved" outlets that allowed one to "plug"
the wire directly into the back of the outlet, in lieu
of actually landing the wire onto a bolt on the
outlet. I read 120 volts on all outlets at no load,
but with a load imposed, it quickly dropped to a few
tens of volts. This allowed me to quickly identify the
problem outlet and to actually land the wires on it,
which solved their problem.

Adam