Re: Inside A Plasma Cutter (Must See Pictures for SSTCers!)

Original poster: Matthew Smith <matt-at-kbc-dot-net.au>

Jim Mitchell wrote:
>Today I opened up my Speedway 30A plasma cutter to see what sort of
>topology it used to work.

Interesting!  What sort of power/output voltage does this thing produce?

Are those diodes rectifying the HV, or just part of a really meaty snubber?

><http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/electrontube/plsmc7.jpg>www.hot-streamer-dot-com/electrontube/plsmc7.jpg
><http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/electrontube/plsmc8.jpg>www.hot-streamer-dot-com/electrontube/plsmc8.jpg

For those who haven't worked it out, these two links should have a /
between the plsmc and the digit.

Looks so simple - probably find SSTC design on this list has overtaken
commercial stuff like this!

Cheers

--
Matthew Smith