Re: ISSTC questions

Original poster: "Eastern Voltage Research Corporation" <dhmccauley-at-easternvoltageresearch-dot-com>

I agree.  I think the ISSTC may benefit from increased primary voltage (up
to 480VAC mains input) and using a standard pancake
type primary coil.  I am presently in the process of trying this out.

Also, the comment by Steve regarding using heavier wire for your primary may
help, but i don't think its "too" critical.
I have so far gotten 80" maximum arc and I still have my temporary 12 AWG
stranded wire in my primary tank circuit connecting EVERYTHING!
Eventually, i will upgrade to 4 AWG welding wire (which may increase
performance), but it must be said, that small primary wire won't
limit performance too much.

Dan