Re: Alarm system

Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>

Hi Dr. R,

I have also had the thought of adding a microwave horn in series with the
gap.  Wire lengths can be very long for hardwire systems, (15m and up) and
short for radio controlled systems.  At least the coil should produce enough
harmonics to key a reciever.  An out of tune secondary would help as well.
Most of the squibs that I have are the 12V pyro squibs for theatrical pyro,
which won't work.  Most caps will fire 1.5V range if I remember correctly.
I should check with the manufacturers about getting some squibs that are as
sensitive as caps for testing.

It was smart putting the phenolic in the van!  I got there as it was just
sprinkling.  It would have been soaked if I had put it under your car.  I
got that soaked just getting out of the van.

David E Weiss