Re: without wires?

Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>

Hi Ed,

Yes Terry, this is off topic but relevant to Tesla's trying to pump current
into the ground.

Recently, I have read that they have achieved four wave mixing in non-linear
optics.  In this process two lasers are fed into the non-linear medium, with
oppisite phase.  Then a third signal laser is fed in and a fourth beam
emerges following the path of the third beam.  This fourth beam is an
amplified copy of the third beam.  The power for the amplification comes
from the standing wave of the first two beams.

With Wardencliff, Tesla wanted to set up a standing wave in the earth, and
pump in a signal wave hoping to get an amplified return.  Wardencliff would
have been the the first two beams providing the power.  For recieving, I
could see a two coil system of one driven to provide the signal, and an
identical coil to recieve the return.  This reciever could be anywhere, but
I think it would have to have a good ground, so that would leave out
vehicles.  So it appears that Tesla may have been attempting four wave
mixing with RF instead of light.

I'll say this much, Wardencliff needed to be completed.  It would have
either been Tesla's greatest success or failure.

David E Weiss