 >From the research I did, yes there are X rays produced.  If I recall
correctly, I read somewhere that it takes about 50kV minimum to produce
decent x-rays.  Also, in regard to the implosion of the bulbs, I am a
little unsure, but when I successfully melted holes through light bulbs
using a NST, there was no implosion whatsoever, the arc just changes
colour as air from the atmosphere enters the 'plasma' chamber.

Good Luck,
Tristan
(Australia)

-----Original Message-----
From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 4:58 AM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Micro SSTC + light bulb = plasma globe. Safe?

Original poster: "Hydrogen18" <hydrogen18-at-bellsouth-dot-net>

<http://pc.hydrogen18-dot-com/projectlogs/hivolt/micro_sstc/IMG_6159.JPG>htt
p://pc.hydrogen18-dot-com/projectlogs/hivolt/micro_sstc/IMG_6159.JPG

So I was playing around with this thing some more today and got bored of

messing around with argon tubes in my hands and was wondering...what
happens to a light bulb? So I put one in my hand and waved it near the
corona discharge. Wow. I was sure impressed. So I sat it on top of my
micro
sstc, touched the output 28 awg wire to it and fired it up. Its even
more
impressive. The light bulb glass glows red hot after 30 seonds. It
alters
the resonant frequency so much that if I draw an arc from the coil it
stops
resonating and runs from the 555 noise. My only concerns are A) will the

bulb melt and implode
   B)is this making x rays. Also, some people say this makes "lightning
in a
bottle", its much closer to "fire in a bottle". I suppose an interrupted

coil would more like lighting

---Eric