RE: TC & Lightning

Original poster: "Steve Conner" <steve.conner-at-optosci-dot-com>

 >[+]  Imagine trying to do this process in reverse: Start with a
 >TC made to have a suitable pattern of dispersion.  Send in a
 >CW burst having a swept frequency (a chirp) carefully chosen so
 >that the entire chirp (and therefore all the burst energy) is
 >concentrated by the dispersion into a single pulse at the far
 >end of the coil.

Well, we have the technology ;) With solid state inverter stuff we can quite
easily generate pretty much any kind of FM/chirp thing you fancy, at peak
powers over 100kW.

But I can't imagine how you would make a physical TC resonator that had a
dispersion pattern that was useful for pulse compression. Can you?

Steve C.