Re: All who know VTTC stuff ;-). (fwd)

Original poster: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 7/24/04 1:15:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>Well i tried smaller primary but evrything was sourounded by corona.
>
>Im winding the big one today.
>
>But i still do not know should first turn of primary be equal with first
>turn of secondary, or?

Kreso,

Usually they are equal in height.  Raising the secondary relative
to the primary will reduce the coupling.  The height relationships
do not tend to be too critical in a VTTC.  I've run them higher,
lower.... whatever works best.  It sometimes takes a lot of fiddling
with the adjustments of coupling, tuning, feedback, grid leak
resistance, etc., before best results are achieved.

John