Re: ISSTCs, magnifiers, etc

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmdq-at-uol-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Steve Conner" <steve.conner-at-optosci-dot-com>
 >
 > Interestingly, Antonio's new sstcd calculator seems to say that this coil
 > can't work, even though it was Antonio's idea to build it in the first place
 > :)) I clocked the peak primary current at roughly 120A, with a 300V DC
 > supply, and if I type this figure into sstcd, it says I need something like
 > a 200pF tank capacitor and a coupling of 0.009? In fact, I have a 12.5nF
 > tank and k=roughly 0.1.

Certainly you changed something else and resulted with an irrealistic
design, with too narrow bandwidth. Try the most recent version of the
program, that allows you to change the element values and see what
happens.
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/programs

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz