Re: TC & Lightning

Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>

Hi Gary,

Those are neat results, but a bad idea, as lightning can strike up to 10
miles away from a storm.  While these "out of the blue" bolts are rare, they
can happen.

Recently we had a tornadic storm that was producing lightning that looked
similar to a high breakrate ARSG coil.  The cloud to cloud was nearly
continuous with some bolts lasting almost 5 seconds.  I have never seen
lightning like that before.  Lucky for me, the tornado came down behind me
on the highway I was driving on a few minutes before.

David E Weiss