Re: Quarter Wavelength Frequency

Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

"Hi Ed,

Is L/D like H/D or is L the length of the coiled wire uncoiled and
straigten
out? Is D is the diameter of the coil?  Could you define the geometry
for
lamda (I believe it is the wavelength but not sure if it is the
wavelenth of
the coiled wire or the straigtened out wire)?

Gerry R"

	Should have explained that.  L is the length of the coil and D is the
mean diameter, including wire diameter.  As I noted in another message,
I calculated the ratio of the wire length wavelength corresponding to
the parallel resonant frequency.  Two many lengths mixed up in one
statement.  Hope this is clear.  This is a simple program running in
Quick Basic, originally developed on a Mac.  I have a PC version I could
send to you if you're interested - it's only a few lines.

Ed