Re: Resonance _s_ Re: Quarter Wavelength Frequency

Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

" Real resonators
always have many resonances, even the most lumped looking ones.

I'll post a little more on this topic later.
--
Paul Nicholson
--"

	I agree with your use of "higher-order resonances" rather than
"harmonic resonances", and I gues the term "most lumped looking ones" is
pretty descriptive too.  I question how many of those harmonic
resonances would be observed at the input terminals of a long coil with
any significant parallel tuning capacitance.

	I'll have to think more on where there is a (single?) factor to
describe the frequencies of the higher-order resonances, as your
statement seems to say.  Certainly the response will get less and less
as the number goes up.

Ed