Re: High Voltage Diode Questions (fwd)

Original poster: Tesla List Moderator <mod1-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 05:13:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t-at-yahoo-dot-com>
To: Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: High Voltage Diode Questions

The eBay photos aren't there any more. I got four of
these puppies for $82.20. They're rated at 125 kV 1
amp. I was concerned that they might not "work" at
only 15 kV, but they worked just fine.

http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/adam/garage/diodes_125_kV_1_amp_1.jpg

http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/adam/garage/diodes_125_kV_1_amp_2.jpg

I have sucessfully used them for charging my big caps
for shrinking quarters after I blew up my 34 kVDC PSU.
At "low voltages" like 15 kV, they didn't need to be
submerged under oil.

Adam

<http://cgi.ebay-dot-com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3825303927&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT>http://cgi.ebay-dot-com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3825303927&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT